Friday, December 18, 2009

XXVI. Just Remembering.


I watched Avatar: The Last Airbender with my daughter. It is truly is a good show.

One character always stands out, and I never knew why until an episode called "The Tales of Ba Sing Se". It was an episode of mini episodes, one of which focused on Uncle Iroh.

At the end of that segment it had a tribute to the man who provided the voice, Mako.

It was he that put the spirit and live into that character.

I had always loved watching Mako on film and TV and was saddened to hear of his passing in 2006. It was just another reminder of the talent we are loosing, and the void that is not being refilled.

I will confess, I do tear up at the end of the segment of "The Tales of Ba Sing Se"...

...because I always loved Mako.


Eirik Farwanderer
18 December, 2009 Anno Domini.

No comments:

Post a Comment