Thursday, December 17, 2009

XXV. Joys of a Pipe.


Yes, I am a pipe and cigar smoker.

I hate cigarettes. Will not touch them. Not being judgmental to those that do smoke them, not at all. Its just not my thing.

I have been smoking a pipe since I was 15 years old, the only juvenile delinquent to do so that I knew of. Now with me aged 41, that's over 25 years.

I blame pipe smokes such as Tolkien and Lewis. Twain and Churchill. Karloff and Doyle. Men of great minds, minds that I could never match. How I wished to be like those men...

...no, I really do not blame them at all. I just always enjoyed the smell of a pipe, and the taste.

Yes, the taste. You see, you savor a pipe. You draw in the smoke and let it swirl around in your mouth, never taking it into the lungs. I know some do, but I don't.

Like teas and coffee, tobacco comes in a number of flavors. Each one unique. Each person preferring one over another. Get two pipe smokers together and smell the clash of individuality.

And how relaxing it is to sit back and puff on the pipe in the evening. Maybe with a single malt scotch or a fine beer.

Yes, I am a pipe and cigar smoker and will always be. Even if they outlaw smoking you will find me at the 'Smokeeasys' puffing away...


Eirik Farwanderer
17 December, 2009 Anno Domini.

No comments:

Post a Comment