Saturday, January 2, 2010

XXIX. I Think I'm a Clone Now.


I have just finished watching the entire 22 episode season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars. I got it for Christmas and was thrilled as a geek boy could be to get the set. Sadly I do not have cable so I have been unable to catch the show regularly when it aired and have also missed the newest season so far.

As I watch the DVD's I ask myself why Lucas didn't do this for the prequel movies. Why did we have to muddle through Episode One when we could have had this sort of action and adventure. This is what Star Wars fans have been asking for. What the Clone Wars was about and the interaction, humor, action, thrills and eye candy that the 'original' trilogy gave us.

I remember as a kid wishing for something like this on Saturday morning TV: A great animated Star Wars show. What we got was Ewoks and Droids, which I can say was VERY disappointing. But The Clone Wars delivers in every way for me. It has everything I remember from the original trilogy plus more: JEDI's in full action.

For me television is a void of stupidity of late. 'Reality' shows, poorly written and acted dramas, unfunny sitcoms. Even staples like The Simpsons have been falling down more often then not. The episodes of Clone Wars are breathtaking. You can tell that this is done by people that not only enjoy the mythos of the Star Wars universe, but also enjoy doing great television. With every episode they wish to push it a little more and see what they can do and not rest on their laurels, as episodic television once did.

So I await a chance to catch the newest season when I can, or at least I will have to get the Season DVD when it comes out. But to let you in on one thing that I am most impressed with is that a CGI Anikan Skywalker is a FAR better actor then Hayden Christensen.


Eirik Farwanderer
2 January, 2010 Anno Domini.

No comments:

Post a Comment